Reverse Your Type 2 Diabetes Scientifically

 

 

Introduction

 

            . "Doc, I take my medicines everyday. So why are my blood sugars high?" Peter asked during his first consultation with me. I could sense his utter frustration.

 

            Peter had been under the care of another physician for several years. Initially, he was on one drug, then on two, three and finally on insulin. Despite all of these medicines, he continued to have high blood sugars. He had seen a dietitian and was following her advice most of the time. He also walked everyday, but nothing seemed to be working.

 

            I see diabetics like Peter everyday. What amazes me is how little they know about the root cause of their diabetes. They have been to physicians and dietitians, but haven't heard about insulin resistance-the root cause of Type 2 diabetes, which affects about 95% of diabetics. The other 5% are Type 1 diabetics. It seems no one has explained to them what really causes Type 2 diabetes.

 

            Physicians, dietitians and patients simply follow the drumbeat: diabetes means high blood sugars and control it with diet, exercise and medicines. If one drug does not work, switch to another one, or add another one. They all continue to chase blood sugars like a wild goose chase. In the end everyone seems to be frustrated.

 

            Physicians don't have time and often lack in-depth knowledge about insulin resistance. They simply follow the "guidelines" of big medical organizations: which medicines to prescribe, and in which order, which keeps changing every couple of years. Dietitians continue to follow the "guidelines" of their big organization, and follow the algorithms created by these organizations. I call it robotic medicine; physicians and dietitians functioning as robots of the big medical organizations. Its no surprise that in the end, nothing seem to work and patients bear the consequences of horrendous complications of diabetes.

 

            The purpose of writing this book is to equip you with scientific as well as practical knowledge about Type diabetes: what works and what does not and why. Then, you can use this information to engage in a meaningful conversation with your physician and take charge of your diabetes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 







This article was written by Sarfraz Zaidi, MD, FACE. Dr. Zaidi specializes in Diabetes, photoEndocrinology and Metabolism.

 

 

Dr. Zaidi is a former Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at UCLA. Currently he is Medical Director of the Jamila Diabetes and Endocrine Medical Center in Thousand Oaks, California.

 

 

Copyright ©  All rights reserved.