Fatigue is a common symptom and is often quite debilitating.Stress and Sleep deprivation are perhaps the two most common causes of fatigue.
Then there is long list of various medical conditions that can cause fatigue:
The common causes of fatigue include:
1. Stress and Sleep deprivation.
2. Under-active thyroid.
3. Over-active thyroid.
4. Uncontrolled Diabetes.
6. Post-prandial hypoglycemia.
7. Side-effect of drugs.
8. Vitamin D deficiency.
9. Vitamin B12 deficiency (common in vegetarians)
10. Sleep apnea.
11. Low testosterone in men.
12. Low growth hormone.
15. Adrenal insufficiency
17. Weak heart.
18. Emphysema and scarring of lungs
19. Chronic infections such as tuberculosis, valley fever
20. Zinc deficiency (common in vegetarians)
21. Iron Deficiency (common in vegetarians)
This article was written by Sarfraz Zaidi, MD, FACE. Dr. Zaidi specializes in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism.
Dr. Zaidi is a former assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at UCLA and Director of the Jamila Diabetes and Endocrine Medical Center in Thousand Oaks, California.
Copyright © All rights reserved.